Saturday, November 21, 2009

My take on a Christmas Wreath

I've been a little quirky for some time now (no big suprise there!)  I came across some vintage Christmas records at a thrift store and thought "now what can I do with these?"  I couldn't come up with anything right away, but I bought them anyway :)

As I went around to my favorite places, I kept thinking about them, just couldn't some up with anything, until one day I was thining about the shape:  round.  Wreaths are round.  Hmm.  Then I found a round Christmas card holder, now all I needed was a backing.  But what?  shop, shop, shop.  I call it research and a business expense (after all I am a redesigner!) Until I found charge plates that had been discarded.  BINGO!

I brought it all to my studio, got out my Dremel and wire, grabbed a vintage drawer pull and set to work.  Here is the finished product:




shown with the super-cute gift tags I'm giving away at my shows, created from an image I copied from a vintage Christmas card!  I'll share the .pdf later so you can all print your own! 
Just click "Follow" to make sure you don't miss out ;)

What do you think?  It's available for $35.00 in my Etsy shop.  :)

Twelve Weeks of Christmas

Don't stop - there's lots more good stuff...

Related Posts with Thumbnails