Saturday, November 21, 2009

My take on a Christmas Wreath

I've been a little quirky for some time now (no big suprise there!)  I came across some vintage Christmas records at a thrift store and thought "now what can I do with these?"  I couldn't come up with anything right away, but I bought them anyway :)

As I went around to my favorite places, I kept thinking about them, just couldn't some up with anything, until one day I was thining about the shape:  round.  Wreaths are round.  Hmm.  Then I found a round Christmas card holder, now all I needed was a backing.  But what?  shop, shop, shop.  I call it research and a business expense (after all I am a redesigner!) Until I found charge plates that had been discarded.  BINGO!

I brought it all to my studio, got out my Dremel and wire, grabbed a vintage drawer pull and set to work.  Here is the finished product:




shown with the super-cute gift tags I'm giving away at my shows, created from an image I copied from a vintage Christmas card!  I'll share the .pdf later so you can all print your own! 
Just click "Follow" to make sure you don't miss out ;)

What do you think?  It's available for $35.00 in my Etsy shop.  :)

Twelve Weeks of Christmas

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! GREAT redesign!

    Thank you for linking up to TWOC!

    Keelie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different and cute! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love how one idea leads to another and another and finally a "product is born"? Very creative and unique!! Love it!
    Blessings,
    Jayne at mysongwithin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very creative. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are awesome and so unique :D

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I read every comment and do my best to visit your blog and look around!

Don't stop - there's lots more good stuff...

Related Posts with Thumbnails