Sunday, May 8, 2011

31 Days to Clean Challenge: Day 4

I'm excited to be participating in the 31 Days to Clean Challenge over at Joyful Mothering.  You can get a copy of the e-book on Amazon
(just click on the picture on the left!)  I'm running a little behind, but I'm not stressing about it!


The Mary challenge today was a breeze for me!  My home feels MORE thank lived in.  It definitely is no challenge to me to have others over, let their kids run and play, and entertain.  This is my "sweet spot".  My only challenge in this area is I tend to over-think things.

I spent many years as an event planner, so I like to make things special.  For example: We have a group of ladies that get together once a month to play BUNCO.  We take turns hosting and each person sets a food theme and others bring dishes to share.  I can't just say "Mexican food".  I've set the theme as "Beach Blanket BUNCO"

It's a theme party, 1965 attire and beehive hair optional (but encouraged!).  The fare?  Beach Picnic Food.  I think this is fun, great fun!  The thought has occurred to me though, there are others who are not thrilled with theme parties.  They might not get joy out of figuring out something "Beach Picnic-Worthy".  I am sure there are some (many?) who won't find it amusing to dress the part.

So, in my effort to provide hospitality, have I caused grumbling?

The Martha challenge - I got off the hook again!  We're still in the kitchen, where my microwave and oven was throughly cleaned by the maids last week!  And, the microwave had a tough up yesterday when I boiled over while trying to make cream of wheat cereal for the first time.  I ruined it.  Twice.  I'll stick to oatmeal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I read every comment and do my best to visit your blog and look around!

Don't stop - there's lots more good stuff...

Related Posts with Thumbnails