Lesson 3: Sportsmanship & Winning
We've all seen this around:
"Second place is the first loser" - that's just not very nice! Yet is is EVERYWHERE! How do we need to behave as Christians when we win?
Proverbs 17:17 (NIV)Remember:
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity (tough times)
sports•man•ship (spôrts m n-sh p , sp rts -) - n.Winning is everything – or is it?
1. The fact or practice of participating in sports or a sport.
2. Conduct and attitude considered as befitting participants in sports,
especially fair play, courtesy, striving spirit, and grace in losing.
- Remember that in every game, there are winners & losers
- How many winners are there? Usually one person, or one team.
- That means that when you win, there are quite a few people who didn't win. They will probably feel bad that they lost, they might even try to accuse you of cheating, or being unfair.
You should encourage lesser players
- “A friend loves at all times” - even when he wins the game!
- How do you like to be treated when you have lost? Then treat other players that way when you win.
Next Lesson: Fairness
Just joining us? Start with Lesson 1