Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pinterest Piques my Interest

Do you Pinterest?

I've started pinning and I can't stop! As I've been browsing through pins of those I follow and those in chosen categories, I've come up with some guidelines I thought I'd share.

  • Remember that your pin may make it around the world and back.  Don't pin sensitive family photos!

  • Take a moment to include relevant information.  Where did you find it?  Why do you like it?  I can't tell you how many fabulous pictures I've come across that simply say "like"!
  • If you found the image on a blog, link to the actual blog post (not the main blog site, and not the image url) so that others can visit the creator if they like.
  • If you find something on a shopping site, include relevant information (store, designers name, product name, style, color, etc.)
  • If you include a $ (dollar sign) and amount (i.e. "got this at the $1.00 store), your pin will have a banner with a "price tag" on it:
  • Categorize your boards!  One or more of these is clearly not "Architecture"!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Be careful - it is addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I read every comment and do my best to visit your blog and look around!

Don't stop - there's lots more good stuff...

Related Posts with Thumbnails