I've started pinning and I can't stop! As I've been browsing through pins of those I follow and those in chosen categories, I've come up with some guidelines I thought I'd share.
- Remember that your pin may make it around the world and back. Don't pin sensitive family photos!
Source: awkwardfamilyphotos.com via Mylee on Pinterest
- Take a moment to include relevant information. Where did you find it? Why do you like it? I can't tell you how many fabulous pictures I've come across that simply say "like"!
- If you found the image on a blog, link to the actual blog post (not the main blog site, and not the image url) so that others can visit the creator if they like.
- If you find something on a shopping site, include relevant information (store, designers name, product name, style, color, etc.)
- If you include a $ (dollar sign) and amount (i.e. "got this at the $1.00 store), your pin will have a banner with a "price tag" on it:
- Categorize your boards! One or more of these is clearly not "Architecture"!
Be careful - it is addictive!
Post a Comment
Talk to me! I read every comment and do my best to visit your blog and look around!