Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy "make your dreams come true" day!

What?  You've never heard of this holiday? 

Neither had I! I ordered some supplies for my church's Christmas play from Oriental Trading Company.  They sent me a handy calendar, filled with holidays I've never heard of. 

I've already missed the Festival of Sleep (January 3rd), Trivia Day (January 4th) and Cuddle Up Day (January 6th).  I'm sure glad I finally switched out my 2009 calendar and popped this one up - I sure don't want to miss anything else! (especially if there is sleep or cuddling involved!)

I once heard that a dream is only a dream until you wrote it down, then it becomes a goal.  So I think that I will celebrate Make you Goals Come True Day instead! 

Frank Lloyd Wright:
I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.

It did get me thinking though... I've been in reflection mode (it is a new year!) and this made me think about some goals I set for myself at various points last year.  A friend started a new website business  and was going to build a website for me.  As the beginning of this process, he asked me what goals I had for my business.  Here is what I remember telling him (I lost all my e-mails a few months ago - arg!):
  • To have sales of at least $1000.00 per month (still in progress, hi it a few times though!)
  • To attend 1-2 high-quality shows per month (hit the number, learned a lot about selecting shows)
  • To be represented in 3-5 nice specialty boutiques (still working on this, I'm ready to offer a wholesale price-point, which had been the previous barrier)
Here are my goals for this year:
  • To achieve and maintain sales of at least $1000.00 per month, combined from all [ReDeemed] outlets/offerings (Etsy, Zazzle, Cafe Press, Frisco Mercantile - booth soming soon for selected vintage treasures and art!)
  • To present my work in 1 high-quality (indoor, NON-CRAFT-FAIR, not first or second year, not free or cheap to enter) show each month (I told you I learned a lot about show selection!)
  • To maintain contact with past and current contacts via e-mail, website, blog and Facebook, perhaps mail?
  • To grow at least 2 other local artists/business women's reach through my network
  • To be represented in 1-3 boutiques



$15.00 from Valentina Design (& she blogs)

Well, that's all for the business side - on the personal side, my biggest goal was to nurture my passion for writing.  Here's what I wrote January 23rd, 2009:

I was cleaning out some boxes and came across a poem I wrote, probably in college. It reminded me that one of my passions has always been writing, and I intend to nurture that passion this year!


Icy wind through branches played a chilling lullaby
A song of now and then but a song of times gone by

One for all and all for one, forgotten by and by
Reminds me of the one I love for life until I die

A warm tirade of sunshine shades my face this afternoon
To find me here beside the stair of rocks on the lagoon

Under now a dim lit sky graced by a quarter moon
A lover sings his love for life wrapped in a home-spun tune

Melting rain upon my back a little on my face
a cool jot back to where I was - another time and place

Nature calls and then responds to it's own refrain
I am yours both now and then and that will never change
And, here we are - I am blogging again!  It has been so great to "get back out there".  I'll post later about my spiritual goals for last year.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for reading my blog - you have no idea how much it means.  On the days when I'm sure that no one knows I'm alive, you pop in and leave a comment (I LOVE that!).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I read every comment and do my best to visit your blog and look around!

Don't stop - there's lots more good stuff...

Related Posts with Thumbnails