Saturday, December 26, 2009

It's my birthday!

I'm a Christmas baby - I used to think that the whole world celebrated my birthday and Jesus' at the same time!  My B-day is actually today, December 26th.  I'm 35 - and I wouldn't trade it for 15 or even 25!

I know myself so much better, how strong I am, how creative and competent in my own talents.  I've stopped trying to be perfect, trying to be right, trying to fit in and trying to petend that I had already achieved the previous.  I've learned to appreciate my flaws, learn from every mistake, embrace that which makes me unique and to just be honest.  With myself first and then with others! 

(loving me has taken time - I wonder why - look how adorable I am!)

I'm so happy that I have a man by my side who had guided much of this "self-awareness". 

(a rare shot from dating days - 1995!)
I'm thankful for the Grace of a Saviour who loves me enough to let me wander and always welcomes me home.  I'm blessed by 4 children, 3 of whom I have the honor of caring for every day. 

(Calvin, Jordan and Gavin - the lights of my life)
I've entrusted the other into the competent hands of my Father and am very much looking forwad to the day when we are all together again.

(Ian, just minutes before he returned to Heaven at 3 months of age)

I'm surrounded by loving friends and family who go out of their way to wish me birthday blessings and are always such a blessing just to be around.  They have been God's arms extended to me.

I know that the best is yet to come!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday !! From one 35 yr old December baby to another...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. Happy belated birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Birthday! I hope you had a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy (belated) Brithday & God Bless you & your family!! Thanks for stopping by the World of Dennifer! I can't wait to get my prize from the SS giveaway - you have a lot of really great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed your birthday!!! Oh No!!! Sorry.

    I hope that you had a great one.
    Happy New Year and I hope it brings blessings like you've never seen before!

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I read every comment and do my best to visit your blog and look around!

Don't stop - there's lots more good stuff...

Related Posts with Thumbnails