Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Market Me: People Style Watch 2012

I'm not a professional marketer.  I don't have any marketing classes under my belt, I've worked in the marketing departments of several consulting firms, but that doesn't really qualify me to critique advertising campaigns.  I have participated in market research, as a consumer panelist, answering questions and testing out products.

Having said that, I have noticed that when I see a product's advertising, I tend to see through it.  I don't think everyone's brain works like mine (which is probably a good thing, because a good deal of the rest of the world sleeps just fine at night while I am uncovering the mysteries of the universe!)  So I've decided to share my gift with the world (or at least the few of you who stumble upon my humble blog!)

Right now, I'm in the hospital.  A friend brought by a goody bag with some yummy treats and a magazine!  I don't normally treat myself to magazines, I'm frugal and busy and don't have time to justify the expense (isn't that sad?  I can't spend $4 on myself?  LOL)  So, I'm going to blog through the January 2012 issue of People Magazine, The Style Watch Edition!
If you're new to my blog, here's a snapshot of me: Married for 16 years, 5 children: 1 teen, 1 pre-teen, 1 in heaven, 1 toddler, 1 special needs (down's syndrome) baby.  I was raised in a middle class family in Texas, Christian, private school, then public school, then home-schooled.  I graduated from a private university, volunteer in my local church and community and am a stay at home mom.  All of this to say that the opinions expressed here are mine, from the lens that only I have access to.  I encourage each reader to clean off their own lens and use it!

If you'd like to follow my journey through this magazine, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I read every comment and do my best to visit your blog and look around!

Don't stop - there's lots more good stuff...

Related Posts with Thumbnails