We started with some lovely rose adornments found on clearance at Micheals, poster-board, the ends from a ribbon roll, 1 yard of satin and 1 yard of sparkle tulle.
Next, I used spray adhesive on the top, around the edges only (the overlapping satin) to attach the 3rd round of satin. This allowed the fabric to "float" across the top and not have any wrinkles. At this point, here's what it looked like:
Plaid Hot Glue Gun Helper Tools
(which I didn't!)
It helps to pull the fabric slightly as you glue it in place, to get a cleaner edge.
I found it was best to hold the top of the hat (round part) with my left hand, apply glue to the band in 2 inch sections, then grab the clipped part of the top with my right hand and pull it towards the back - while rolling the top onto the glue.
Here's what it looked like from the back:
|inside (kinda fun that you can still see the writing!)|
It took FOREVER. But, I am happy with how it turned out. I finished the edge with a ribbon, then hand stitched the veil to the hat, along with a reclaimed pearl necklace, ribbons and the flowers:
|as modeled by my lovely daughter|
Happy 40th Wedding Anniversary Wayne and Donna!~*~*~*~
If you pay more than $49 a month for your cell service, you can SAVE money with Solavei.
If your friends pay more than $49 a month for their cell service, you can MAKE money with Solavei