Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring Cleaning? I want your junk!

You'd be amazed at what I can make out of junk!  Just a few months ago I saw this broken cabinet door sitting on my neighbor's curb:


A few days later, I got a call from a client, she wanted me to do a custom piece with some heirloom photos and pages from her great grandmother's bible.  Here's how it turned out:

What do you think? 
Here's what my client said (in an e-mail to our entire networking group!): Noel just delivered a custom art piece I had her do for me - it is beautiful. She used my great-grandmother's old Bible (the pages that were falling out, some of the doilies GGM made, a peacock feather tucked in the Bible, old photos I had, etc. I was thrilled. See the photo of it below - she used an old cabinet door that had a glass face for the frame.
If you are cleaning out your closets and attics, garages and basements, please take a look at this list!  Plus, you can save up to $10.00 off of your [ReDeemed] purchase when you recycle the following items:

  • 3x3 or 4x4 natural stone or terracotta tiles – 50 cents each
  • Wood serving trays - $1.00 - $3.00 depending on size
  • Vintage wrapping paper - $2.00
  • Vintage wallpaper (pre-1980) - $2.00
  • Old hymnals (pre-1950) - $2.00
  • Backgammon games (not plastic pieces!) - $3.00
  • Framed art (11x14 or larger) - $3.00
  • Canvases (any size)
  • Broken or old jewelry (rhinestones are great!) - varies
  • Cork rolls or tiles - varies
  • Vintage fabric (pre-1960) - varies
  • Broken watches, parts, small gears, etc. - varies
  • Hand-written letters (vintage and/or foreign language are even better!) - varies
  • Wooden boxes, crates, old dresser drawers, etc.
  • Cigar boxes
  • Old windows, doors, cabinets
  • anything rusty :)
  • Old paper, notes, reciepts, broken spine books, aged and waterspotted even better!
  • Just about anything - just ask!
Limits: up to $2.00 off minimum purchase of $10.00, up to $5.00 off minimum purchase of $25.00, up to $10.00 off minimum purchase of $40.00 or more. May not be combined with any other offer.

1 comment:

Talk to me! I read every comment and do my best to visit your blog and look around!

Don't stop - there's lots more good stuff...

Related Posts with Thumbnails