A few days later, I got a call from a client, she wanted me to do a custom piece with some heirloom photos and pages from her great grandmother's bible. Here's how it turned out:
What do you think?
Here's what my client said (in an e-mail to our entire networking group!): Noel just delivered a custom art piece I had her do for me - it is beautiful. She used my great-grandmother's old Bible (the pages that were falling out, some of the doilies GGM made, a peacock feather tucked in the Bible, old photos I had, etc. I was thrilled. See the photo of it below - she used an old cabinet door that had a glass face for the frame.If you are cleaning out your closets and attics, garages and basements, please take a look at this list! Plus, you can save up to $10.00 off of your [ReDeemed] purchase when you recycle the following items:
- 3x3 or 4x4 natural stone or terracotta tiles – 50 cents each
- Wood serving trays - $1.00 - $3.00 depending on size
- Vintage wrapping paper - $2.00
- Vintage wallpaper (pre-1980) - $2.00
- Old hymnals (pre-1950) - $2.00
- Backgammon games (not plastic pieces!) - $3.00
- Framed art (11x14 or larger) - $3.00
- Canvases (any size)
- Broken or old jewelry (rhinestones are great!) - varies
- Cork rolls or tiles - varies
- Vintage fabric (pre-1960) - varies
- Broken watches, parts, small gears, etc. - varies
- Hand-written letters (vintage and/or foreign language are even better!) - varies
- Wooden boxes, crates, old dresser drawers, etc.
- Cigar boxes
- Old windows, doors, cabinets
- anything rusty :)
- Old paper, notes, reciepts, broken spine books, aged and waterspotted even better!
- Just about anything - just ask!
Wonderful! Wish my mind worked like that! So creative!ReplyDelete