Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Hope Chest

"The hope chest is a beautiful reminder of what we are preparing for ~ contented productive singleness, mission driven marriage, & godly fruitful motherhood." ~ Raising Homemakers
Isn't that beautiful?

Here is my Hope Chest, I bought it on one of my husband and my first long trips.  We drove to Illinois to introduce our firstborn to his grandparents.  This beauty was in an antiques store on the town square, we reaaranged our van so we could drive  home with it!

I've really felt a pull to use this as a family altar, and wouldn't that be a fabulous way to use it in the mean-time?  What family memories could be built here, and the prayers prayed for our children would shower this chest.  I'm even more convinced that this is the way to go, now that I've decided to use this as Jordan's Hope Chest.  I've already been using it to store family heirlooms, like the christening gown and special baby clothes.

I hope that you've enjoyed a peek at my Hope Chest, and I encourage you to head over to Raising Homemakers where they are giving away 3 copies of a new book about this very topic!

1 comment:

  1. Noel,
    What a BEAUTIFUL post!!! :)
    I am very excited to inform you....
    that you are one of the "Raising Homemakers Giveaway Winners"
    for ~ "More Than A Hope Chest" :>)

    If you could please contact me (via. email)...
    with your address, I will send you your prize!

    Many Blessings~ Miss Jen
    missjennymarie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I read every comment and do my best to visit your blog and look around!

Don't stop - there's lots more good stuff...

Related Posts with Thumbnails