Thursday, April 1, 2010

Piles of laundry doth abound...

It just sounds better in King James, I think!

I've been on hiatus from the computer (well at least that was the plan) until my house is clean.  We've made some good progress, but life just gets in the way sometimes!  Like the kid's starting allergy shots this week.  Like realizing that I forgot to pay the water bill and having to run to the city hall to keep it on!  Like being invited to join the board of directors for a non-profit group that is dear to my heart, Camp Sol.

I'm trying to figure out how to balance all of this.  I'm not very good at it apparently!  I need staff.  I'm a great planner and director (which is working out pretty good ordering the kids around this week), I am just not a good grunt.

Doing laundry is gruntwork.  Vaccuuming is gruntwork.  Paying bills is gruntwork.  Cooking is even gruntwork for me.  Sheesh.  I know that at the root of it I'm just selfish.  I want what I want.  I'd like to be served, to be cared for, to be helped.  It dawned on me a few years ago that help is not on the way.  I wanted my hubby to do more (which he really does - he spoils us!)  However, I was created to be his helpmeet, not the other way around (drat!)

We are spending much time this week refocusing our hearts to be servants to Daddy/Hubby.  He LOVES a clean house.  He loves being able to come home and cook for us (I told you we were spoiled!)  We started with the "Family room" (which is code for "TV room", it makes it seem more friendly LOL)  When he gets home he also likes to relax with his DVR, catch up on shows and chill.

When he got home on Monday, he said "You started with my room first?  Thank you!"

That makes it all worth the grunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I read every comment and do my best to visit your blog and look around!

Don't stop - there's lots more good stuff...

Related Posts with Thumbnails