Tuesday, September 7, 2010

HELP! Long Car Trips...Toddler to Tweens

We are gearing up to leave this weekend for a long car trip.  We'll be in the car for at least 6 hours each of 6 days.

I always love to plan games and activity pages, music and movies, etc.  I usually put together games and toys for the little ones, then rotate them out every now and then so they are "fresh".

This year I've put together 3 ring binders with coloring pages from Crayola and pages from activity books I bought at Target's $1 section (a little school will do them good!).  The kids also like Mandalas, and I ususally print out a map of where we're going so they can chart along with our progress.

I'm wondering if you have any travel tips and games to share?

1 comment:

  1. I like to print out a travel bingo page for each day, and we have pads of hangman, the dot game, and tic tac toe. We love the Color Wonder products for in the car. At Target you can get a video game that is all self-contained and has a ton of games on it, and it can plug into the A/V on most portable dvd players. My last tip is to get snacks that you can play with like Pull & Peel Twizzlers or cheese sticks. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I read every comment and do my best to visit your blog and look around!

Don't stop - there's lots more good stuff...

Related Posts with Thumbnails