Friday, April 12, 2013

To know where you're going, look where you've been...

This has been a really difficult season in our lives.  Well, a difficult few years.  Since Ian died, it seems like it's been "one thing after another".  Sometimes it's really hard to keep your head up, pull yourself up by your bootstraps, look on the bright side, keep truckin', chin up, remember all things happen for a reason, God doesn't give you more than you can handle.  Blah, blah, blah...
But, it's a daily choice that we make.  Sometimes it's minute by minute.  If there is one thing I've learned, it's never give up.  If there are two things I've learned, it's to focus on what is going RIGHT.  Sometimes what's going right seems so small, that it is hard to focus on.  Fortunately, that's not the case right now.  I've got healthy, bright and helpful children. I've got family and friends who care.  We've got state assistance.  We've got health insurance for a few more months.

I choose to focus on what's good, what's ahead and what's working.  
(Today anyway - don't judge me if I decide to have a pity party next week and stay in my PJ's all day drinking martinis for breakfast and playing Candy Crush Saga while letting my little boys watch all the TV they want!)

So, here's one thing that is working, and working well!  My Jamberry Nails GLOW Girls team.  I lost count at 207 team members, we sold over $30,000 last month, and we're in 28 of the 50 states!

If you had told me last year when I joined Jamberry that I would be on the verge of promoting to Director with such an amazing team, I would have laughed at you!  

So, to look forward and know where I am going... I have made my goals with Jamberry, here is my Vision Board:
I want to be a Senior Director this year.  I'm pretty close to Director, I just need to help one more team member promote to Star Consultant!  After I accomplish that, I will help 2 more promote and then I'll be a Senior Director :)

Once I reach Director, I want to start monthly team meetings in my area.  I already do a weekly training call, but I want to get to know my team better and in person.

I'm going to convention - I've already bought my ticket!

I'm going on the Incentive Cruise - I've already earned 23% of my points

I goal without a plan is just a wish, so here are a few of my plans.

  • I am doing incentive contests every month for my team members. They have already earned nearly 100 free sheets of Jamberry Nail wraps, restaurant.com gift certificates, and other goodies. More too come!
  • I am doing leadership training at least once a month
  • I record all my training calls so that team members can listen whenever they need to. 
  • I have a monthly team newsletter that offers recognition, encouragement and advice
  • I forward along free training opportunities to my team by e-mail
  • I have a Facebook group page for instant access to information, questions and resources
  • I am using new technology to streamline the day-to-day activities that aren't fun and take too much time! 
And, finally, I am looking for team members who want to add MORE to their life.  One of my goals is to have a GLOW Girl team member in every state (and color that whole map purple!)  If you are open-minded to new opportunities, I'd be happy to send you some no-obligation material to see if Jamberry is a good fit for you!  I'd like to apply to be your team leader, your mentor and friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I read every comment and do my best to visit your blog and look around!

Don't stop - there's lots more good stuff...

Related Posts with Thumbnails