Sunday, April 15, 2012

My Sunday Weakness

I love Sundays!  I got to participate in worship this morning at The Crossing Church, followed by a great message on parenting by Dr. Garland Ownesby

His message came from Joshua chapter 1 - where God tells Joshua repeatedly "Be strong and courageous".  This scripture has come up over and over again in the last few months.

I am tired.  I am tired of being strong.  I am tired of being brave.  I am tired of being... I am just tired of BEING.




Have you ever felt that way?  Maybe you do right now!  I have had many moments - some in the last few weeks - where I felt like it would be better to be struck by lightening and die than to face another single day.

Momma said there'd be days like this...  Well, God knew there would be too!  Dr. Ownesby said "there would be no need for God to tell us to be strong and courageous if he didn't know that we would feel weak and scared."  Let that sink in.

Go ahead - is it sinking on?

Let me say it again: "there would be no need for God to tell us to be strong and courageous if he didn't know that we would feel weak and scared."

My fear, my inadequacy, my lack, my pain, my weakness - they don't scare God.  They don't even surprise him.  One of my favorite scriptures is Psalm 103:14 "He knows that I am but dust."  He gets us, even more than we get ourselves.

And another favorite:
Source: etsy.com via Noel on Pinterest

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I read every comment and do my best to visit your blog and look around!

Don't stop - there's lots more good stuff...

Related Posts with Thumbnails