Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Review: "Don't Do What I Did"


They say that experience is the best teacher.  If so, why wouldn't you want to hear the experience of a twice-divorced parent with a heart to prevent the same outcome for her teens?


Author Diane O'Neil is all too familiar with the heartache of divorce.  She lived it not once, but twice.  Knowing that statistically her kids were pre-disposed to repeating the pattern, she decided to educate them about avoiding some of the pitfalls she fell into.



The result is a book by which teenagers will learn what it’s like to build and maintain strong, healthy relationships with open communication and appreciation of others. It will help them build the foundation for healthy relationships, that  later on are the building blocks for healthy marriages. 


The workshop format for Don’t Do What I Did, includes a workbook and a teacher’s guide in hard copy.  The accompanying CD includes the book in MP3 and PDF formats. If you have the Amazon Kindle (including free Kindle for smart phones or PC), you can also purchase Don't Do What I Did!! - Teaching Teens with Divorced Parents How to Have a Successful Marriage from Amazon for only 99 cents!
I can see how many different types of groups could benefit from this product.  This would be an excellent resource for youth groups, small groups, after-school programs and so many other groups!  Your group can complete the workbook in four weeks with one hour discussion sessions each week. Some areas of discussion in the workbook include: Identifying a teen’s current living situation, how do their parents manage a household, becoming familiar with relationships values important to your teen, and recognizing red flags in relationships (my personal favorite).  There are interactive discussion guides and even some activities like crossword puzzles.

I think that you'll enjoy this book and want to put on a workshop for the teens that you love.  When you do - I'd love to hear about it!

I was provided a copy of the workshop books to review.  
I was not compensated in any way for this review.  
The opinions expressed are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I read every comment and do my best to visit your blog and look around!

Don't stop - there's lots more good stuff...

Related Posts with Thumbnails