Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tablescape Thursday & Item of the Week (a twofer!)

I'm running a little behind this week.  Well, actually I'm usually running behind, but this week there's a good reason!  My oldest son is going to Wyoming with his grandparents, so I had to get him ready and deliver him to Abilene (thus the beautiful sunset from yesterday's Wordless Wednesday!)

So, you get a twofer!  First, Tablescape Thursday:


Here is proof that a beautiful table doesn't have to be expensive or difficult!
The theme was music and red roses.  I used my finest china (AKA "Chinette") and clear, disposible silverware.  For a placemat/charger? A 12 x 12 sheet of scrapbook paper with red roses!
The mint green tablecloth and napkins were provided for us, so I took a red rose and thistles, paired it with the napkin and tied it up with rafia (again - very inexpensive!)  I had the photo coasters (they were in my gift closet), so I cut complementary scrapbooking paper (with sheet music) to fit in them (got 6 out of one sheet!)


The topper is a sheet :)
In the middle are musical elements; a vintage xylophone, a vintage cast iron harp music rack (filled with vintage sheet music of course!), a candleabra, crystal vase with flowers and a picture of my "Nanny".  My mom and I first did a table with this theme when I was a child.  My grandmother's church had a mother-daughter banquet with a contest for table decorations.  We won :)

How can you go wrong with fresh red roses?  Especially paired with thistles!

I hope you enjoyed my Tablescape Thursday!  Care to stick around for my item of the week?


3 of my [ReDeemed] Washers embelished with the hymn "He Leadeth Me", hand-tinted in pale green and gold, then stamped with a beautiful flourish. Hand-tied with leather cord and finished with an adjustable chain necklace. $53.00  Custom orders available with favorite hymns and colors!

Perhaps this inspires you?  If so, you might consider entering my contest - you could get it for free!



Are you still there?  Good, I almost forgot!  If you liked the cast iron harp music holder - I found a similar one at Mayeeden's Booth at Bonanzle

It's only $35.00!  Last time I saw one in a shop it was $80.00 (so you'll have plenty of extra moola to fill it with vintage sheet music!)
~*~*~*~
If you pay more than $49 a month for your cell service, you can SAVE money with Solavei.
If your friends pay more than $49 a month for their cell service, you can MAKE money with Solavei

www.gopurplesavegreen.com William and Noel Giger Solavei Members

6 comments:

  1. ohh my word, first of all being a chior director I love it! makes me want to have a chior Valentine party LOL LOL beautiful table, I know you were proud when you won!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a charming table -- I can certainly see why you won! I love the combination of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That table was so pretty... I love looking for pic online and post them on my blog of great table top ideas.. oh how I wish I was as creative or crafty as you :)

    I just signed up for follow friday! This very second... Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tablescaping.

    I do love mum-daughter having fun time.

    Happy week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun theme for the holiday and so beautifully presented, thanks for sharing the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! I read every comment and do my best to visit your blog and look around!

Don't stop - there's lots more good stuff...

Related Posts with Thumbnails