Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to (home)school...

I don't think that I've mentioned yet that we are a homeschooling family!  Today marks a return to school after nearly 3 weeks off, I have to say that I might be more disappointed than the kids!

We use Switched-On Schoolhouse from Alpha Omega Publishing.  I really like it (I mean REALLY!)

I spend a lot of time on the computer anyway (betcha already noticed that!) so it was a natural choice for us to use a computer-based curriculum.  The kids love it, especially since we invested in a new laptop for each of them last year! 

We had a family meeting (well, really we just lingered at the dinner table on purpose) to discuss how school was going, what everyone liked, didn't like and suggestions for improvement.  The kids came up with a great idea: they wanted us to all work on the Bible section together.  Individually they each were bored with it (probably since they've been in church/Sunday School so much!), but they thought that it would be more interesting together.

I'm so glad that my husband and I thought to ask them - they are incredible little people with great ideas!

So, now I'm off to tweak the curriculum on their computers so that we can start a fresh 2010 with a fresh take on school!  But first, I'm entering the great giveaway over at Today's Giveaway - a fabulous bag!

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I read every comment and do my best to visit your blog and look around!

Don't stop - there's lots more good stuff...

Related Posts with Thumbnails